Support for businesses and nonprofit organizations in the wake of COVID-19:
The COVID19 Pandemic has upended business as usual across the country. For businesses to survive and thrive we need to:
- Target loan and grant programs to those small businesses hardest hit by COVID-19.
- Design consistent aggressive business outreach for COVID-19 funds.
Expand procurement focus across state and local agencies
- Support small business in the state and local procurement processes.
- Examine barriers to meeting procurement metrics.
- Monitor state and local metrics for minority & women owned procurement opportunities.
- Evaluate legislation and policies to ensure robust opportunities for procurement.
- Host events to educate and expose vendors to state & local procurement officials.
Simplify County Government Processes
- Monitor County policies and regulatory processes affecting business.
- Work with County officials to minimize barriers that contribute to delays and reduce cost expenses to support business growth.
Grow and Retain Diverse Businesses
- Business Resources/Business Friendliness: Forge a business-friendly culture in both state and local operations through altering bureaucratic processes that, in the past, have curtailed business growth; such policies include reviewing zoning procedures, permitting approvals, and other licensing applications.
- Creativity and Innovation: Be innovative and flexible in the following areas: developing & supporting education and other initiatives to foster entrepreneurship and new business.
Specific Policy Initiatives
- Business Liability Protection and access to PPE for those businesses operating during the pandemic.
- Increase funding for local workforce development and training initiatives.
- Eliminating and/or reducing the financial burden on businesses created by new tax initiatives such as the digital advertising tax.
- Create tax incentive program that hold harmless personal liability for business losses.